Safe Riding Tips
By May 23, 2010 | 11:00AM
- Obey traffic signs and signals. Drive your bike like you dirve your car.
- Always ride WITH traffic. Riding against traffic is illegal.
- No riding or parking on the 16th St. Mall except on Sundays.
- Ride as far to the right as you feel safe (or to the left on a one-way), always traveling in a straight line.
- Be predictable and visible. Always signal your intentions and use lights at night.
- Make eye contact. If you can't see the driver, they can't see you.
- Be aware of buses. Never pass a bus on the right.
- No riding on sidewalks except when you are accessing B-stations.
- Announce your pass with voice or bell on bike paths.
- Protect your head by wearing a helmet.